Welcome to Life After Ex
Most people don't realize how harmful one bad relationship can be. Those who haven't been through one often tell others just to get over it and move on. Rarely is it that easy.
Men and women all over the world have been caught in destructive relationships where the person they loved most treated them like dirt. Some have dealt with an unfaithful partner, some have dealt with being constantly ignored, yelled at, threatened, beaten, and more. Yet despite all these destructive behaviors, the relationship continued.
If you're looking at this website, it means you've been able to end your destructive or abusive relationship, or are at least thinking about ending it. This site is meant to help you and others like you get your life back. When we are treated poorly by someone we have trusted and given our heart to, we lose part of ourselves. We can feel unworthy of love, withdrawn from the people who really do care about us, and afraid to speak out about what happened.
While it's understandable to feel that way, it's not necessary. Everyone, regardless of what they've been through, is able to love again, trust again, and live the life they were meant to live. It will take some time and some courage on your part, but together this community of singles recovering from destructive relationships can emerge even stronger.
Together we will learn how to identify what exactly is holding us back (trust issues, fear of history repeating itself, loss of self-confidence, etc) and discover how to break through each roadblock bit by bit until we feel free and ready to take on the world. Depending on what you have gone through, you may have more roadblocks to knock down than others, but it is still possible.
Here is what you can expect from Life After Ex:
- My Story- I go through what my destructive relationship was like, how I realized it changed me, and how I got out of it.
- Blog- Here I will share how I'm making progress on getting my life back while sharing tips and suggestions on how you can do the same. Comments are encouraged and welcome. The more who share their thoughts, the better. I will also feature guest posts from "survivors" and members of organizations who support abuse victims and what they are doing to help.
- Your Stories- This page is where you can step forward and share your own experiences. It takes a lot of courage to talk about being in a destructive relationship, but you'll find that sharing allows you get to it all off your chest and allows others who have been there to help you out.
- Challenges & Exercises- Push yourself to make those changes to improve your life and move on with these week-long challenges.
- Ask Away NEW!- E-mail your questions to me at LifeAfterEx@gmail.com and I may feature the answer in a blog post.
- Guestbook- Featured on the About page, here you can introduce yourself, let me know what you think of the site. Suggestions for what you would like to see here are also welcome.
- E-Books- I will be writing a series of e-books to help singles like you. Stay tuned for more information about upcoming e-books.
The site will always continue to grow so more features may be added as time goes on.
Getting back to the person you used to be before your relationship, or simply improving on who you've always been is possible. You just have to keep an open mind, have courage, and realize you're not alone. Be willing to ask for help and accept help when it's offered.
That's what this site is here for.